Ultrasound of the prostate Kyiv
Perhaps the title of the article sounds non-trivial, but it conveys the essence: we are in Kyiv, and the article will be about ultrasound of the prostate.
Let's start with the fact that ultrasound (ultrasound examination) is absolutely safe for the body, and a fairly simple instrumental method of diagnosis. However, it is very informative for the doctor. Ultrasound can be done as many times as you want, without harming the patient, and get reliable data on the state of this or that organ at the moment.
Therefore, it is quite common in medicine.
Ultrasound is also used quite actively in urology. Most often, these are two main vectors:
- to clarify the diagnosis, rule out or confirm suspected diseases;
- to monitor the patient's condition during treatment. In this way, the doctor sees what result the patient gets in terms of dynamics, and if necessary, adjusts the appointment.
As a rule, men are usually prescribed an ultrasound of the prostate and an ultrasound of the bladder in a complex.
Or, for a more accurate understanding of the situation, TRUS (transrectal) examination of the prostate may be prescribed, together with an ultrasound of the bladder.
The reason for undergoing this study is the following symptoms: pain, discomfort, urination disorders, sexual dysfunction. Because the cause of all these conditions is most often the prostate itself.
Ultrasound of the prostate allows:
- see and track its dimensions;
- observe the presence or absence of compactions, formations
(in particular, cysts, calcifications);
- notice inflammatory processes, if any;
- examine blood circulation, see dilated veins.
It is especially important to do an ultrasound of the prostate once a year as a preventive measure for men after 40 years of age, since pathologies can develop secretly, without showing signs. Including, asymptomatically, oncology of the prostate gland can develop. Ultrasound examination allows you to see the state of the prostate, and to stop negative processes in time, preventing the development and chronic condition.
We invite you to do an ultrasound of the prostate (Kyiv) - at the SMC "Urological Practice".
- affordable prices;
- comfortable conditions;
- professional explanation of the results (ultrasound is performed by a urologist).
|1.||Ultrasound of the prostate, bladder||UAH 300|
|2.||Transrectal ultrasound examination of the prostate, seminal vesicles, residual urine||UAH 350|
|3.||Ultrasound of the bladder||UAH 250|
|4.||Ultrasound of kidneys, bladder||UAH 300|
|And other types of ultrasound|
In which cases is ultrasound NOT prescribed?
- If there are superficial symptoms. For example, - redness, rash, discharge, spots, - that is, external, obvious pathologies that do not require a deeper study.
- There are diseases for which ultrasound is not performed at first, and the first stage is laboratory research and analysis. And based on the results of the tests, the doctor concludes that the patient needs further examinations to clarify the diagnosis.
- When there is a specific complaint, a specific pathology, and the doctor has enough information to make a diagnosis. In this case, it is not necessary to conduct ultrasound. For example, there are many diseases in which a doctor can visually indicate a specific diagnosis during the examination, without specifying.
Author of the article:
urologist, andrologist, doctor of the highest category